Turn on more accessible mode Skip Ribbon Commands Skip to main content
Serving UC Merced through Stewardship, Accountability and Excellence
Sign In

The Form 1099-MISC is used to report miscellaneous income for individuals and companies who have been paid $600 or more in non-employee service payments during a calendar year with the exception of royalty payments of $10 or more.

Examples of persons who would receive a Form 1099-MISC form includes:  

  • Human subjects
  • Independent Contractors providing services such as:
    • Attorneys
    • Guest speakers/Lecturers
    • Health care or medical care service
    • Honorarium
    • Performers
    • Physicians
    • Rents
    • Royalties
Form 1099-MISC is mailed prior to January 31, each year.
To view a blank form and instructions, click on 1099-MISC​.

Please note that amounts paid for wages and other compensation paid to an employee are NOT reported on a Form 1099-MISC. These amounts are reported on a Form W-2.