Turn on more accessible mode Skip Ribbon Commands Skip to main content
Serving UC Merced through Stewardship, Accountability and Excellence
Sign In

Application for Individual Tax Identification Number

Any individual who is not eligible to obtain a Social Security Number (SSN) but must furnish a taxpayer identification number must apply for a Tax Identification Number (ITIN) on Form W-7.

To apply for an ITIN, download Form W-7 here​, fill it out, and take it to an Acceptance Agent for processing. You may also submit your Form W-7 and the required documents directly to the Internal Revenue Service.