Turn on more accessible mode Skip Ribbon Commands Skip to main content
Serving UC Merced through Stewardship, Accountability and Excellence
Sign In

Most tax statements are mailed by January 31 of each year following the calendar tax year just ended to University employees, students, vendors, and annuitants.  Each form is used by the recipient to file federal and state income tax returns as required by   federal and state law. 

Duplicates of these tax forms can be requested (if necessary) by clicking on the blue request duplicate icon to view and complete the request form. Each form will require a separate duplicate request and may have different requirements for attachments or additional information. 

Current employees should use At Your Service Online to view and print a duplicate Form W-2 for the prior years. For AYSO log in assistance contact centralpayroll@ucmerced.edu.  The Internal Revenue Service (IRS) and Franchise Tax Board (FTB) can also provide the taxpayer a copy of the prior year income statements by visiting their web site or by calling 1-800-829-1040 for IRS and 800-338-0505 for FTB.

Foreign Nationals with a GLACIER record who need a duplicate 1042-S for the current tax year may be able to use GLACIER to print a duplicate 1042-S.  If the duplicate is not available in GLACIER, complete the duplicate 1042-S form by clicking on the 1042-S icon below.

Some of the forms listed below are in PDF format. You will need to have the Adobe Acrobat reader installed on your computer to view and print the form. A free Acrobat Reader and instructions for configuring your browser are available from Adobe.

  • W-2.  The W-2 form reports taxable income and corresponding withholdings for paychecks issued between January 1 and December 31 of each year.  For detailed information see "Understanding My W-2" and "Form W-2 FAQ's".

    If a foreign visitor is eligible for a tax treaty, the W-2 may only show state reportable income and state withholding.  The federal information will be listed on the 1042-S (income code 18 or 19).

    • 1099-MISC   (Vendors/Non Employees). The 1099-MISC is for consultants, Attorney or legal services, Medical Services, vendors, honorariums, guest lecturers, research, repairs and other service payments of $600.00 or more per calendar year. 
    • 592-B   (Non Employee State Withholding). The 592-B is for 7% withholding withheld from all out of state vendors or individuals who performed services in the State of California who exceeded $1500.00 per calendar year.
    • 1042-S   (Foreign Individuals/Companies Only).  The 1042-S reports taxable federal gross and corresponding withholdings to the IRS for individuals who are not residents of the U.S.  Types of 1042-S payments include the following:
      • Income Code 10 – Industrial Royalties
      • Income Code 11 – Motion Picture and Television Royalties
      • Income Code 12 – Copyright Royalties
      • Income Code 15 - Scholarship or fellowship grant
      • Income Code 16 - Compensation for independent personal services
      • Income Code 17 – Dependent Personal Services
      • Income Code 18 - Compensation
      • Income Code 19 - Student Employment
      • Income Code 20 – Earnings as an Artist or Athlete
      • Income Code 50 – Other Income
    • 1098-T  The 1098-T reports amount of Qualified Tuition and Related Expenses received on behalf of a student to the IRS for purposes of determining eligibility for the Hope and Lifetime Learning Credit.  For general questions on Hope and Lifetime Learning Credit, contact Student Business Services (SBS) at sbs@ucmerced.edu.   Information is also available from the ACT 1098-T Website at http://www.1098-t.com/ or by calling 1-877-467-3821
    • 1099-R  The 1099-R is for annuitants and others who receive a distribution from UCRP, the DC Plan or 403(b) Plan.  Annuitants who receive benefits under the 415(m) Restoration plan may also receive a Form W-2.  For information on retirees' Form 1099-R, please contact UC Human Resources and Benefits at 209-228-8247 or email them at hr@ucmerced.edu

    Tax Return Forms 

    Tax return forms are available from the following websites: